Thursday, March 17, 2011

This totally didn't work

When Frejya was little, I could entertain her for hours (ok probably more like 20-30 minutes - but still, that's a long time for a little one) by giving her shaving cream to play in. She loved to spread it all around in her high chair or on a cookie sheet and feel it squish between her fingers. So by about 5:00 last night Gabriel was a complete mess. I'd woken him up really early from his afternoon nap because Frejya had a little photo shoot that we had to go to and he was finally starting to show his tiredness. Thinking I could totally entertain him while keeping him contained to his high chair so I could cook dinner, I decided to pull out the shaving cream. At first he wasn't so sure about it...


Then he got into it for a second...



And then he tried to eat it...


And even though he thought it was disgusting, he just couldn't stop himself from trying it again and again. So I finally had to put an end to it. You'd think after one bite he would have realized that it was not meant to be eaten, but I guess he really didn't care. It was just too tempting to not keep trying it. So I finally took him out of his chair. And then I made dinner while he cried at my feet the whole time. Fun times.

No comments:

Post a Comment