Friday, March 11, 2011

Solar system

Frejya and I have been working on her solar system project for school for two weeks now. She took it to school this morning and all I can say is that I am SO glad we are done with that. It was fun building it together but that thing took forever. That's what I get for sticking with our new no-spending plan. We just used supplies we had at home and made it all out of paper mache. I think it taught her a pretty good lesson on being resourceful (at least I'm hoping so). She was so proud of it. And I think it's cool that it won't look like all the styrofoam ball solar systems that her class is full of right now (although there were definitely times during the making of this solar system that I wished we had just bought the stupid bag of styrofoam balls).

On a totally different topic, Gabriel woke up with a fever this morning. This is going to be the fourth weekend in a row with a sick child. I'm glad that the kids aren't getting sick during the middle of the week where we'd be struggling to find daycare options for them, but this is really starting to get old. I would love to be able to actually go do something fun one of these weekends. And tonight's date night, so Gabriel needs to start feeling better really soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment