Friday, March 18, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Hope yours was as fun as ours was! We ate some yummy corned beef and cabbage and Frejya made us some rice krispy treats (dyed green of course) for dessert. I seriously think I could eat corned beef everyday and never get sick of it. It is my absolute favorite meal of all time. Gabe won't even touch it (he had spaghetti last night) so I don't really make it all that often anymore. I used to make it every couple months for Frejya and myself. I think she loves it just as much as I do.

We decided on a rainbow craft for yesterday afternoon. Frejya made half-rainbows with paint and then folded the paper over them to make full rainbows. They turned out pretty nice.




I'd like to say that the reason we didn't do something more elaborate and exciting is because I wasn't feeling very crafty this week, but I did make this little guy for Gabriel the other night:




So I did have some creativity in me this week, just not for St. Patrick's Day. Gabriel is so obsessed with fish that I really thought he needed a fish toy. Gabe thinks I should make a whole school of them so I may be knitting some more of these this weekend.

And this picture I'm just adding in because I took it and thought it was cute: 


Guest blogger Frejya may be back this afternoon. She really wants her own blog, but instead I told her we could give her a feature on my blog. So Frejya Fridays may be starting later today. And I also found out this morning that she reads my blog a lot of mornings from Nana's house. I'm going to really have to watch what I write from now on.

1 comment:

  1. I love corned beef as well, but Jared hates it so some years (like this year) I didn't even make it. We just had "green" food instead. I wish we lived closer so we could cook it and make the guys eat their spaghetti while we enjoyed the good stuff! I like the rainbow craft! We ended up doing a leprechaun treasure hunt with another family at our house and luckily the library time had a craft with it this morning so they bailed me out :)

    ReplyDelete