Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Things aren't always what they seem

The piano has seriously turned out to be the best free find ever. Frejya has worked her way through two beginner books with minimal help and plays almost daily. It makes me so proud to see her. I have always loved playing the piano as well.


Gabriel wants to be just like his big sister. She is pretty awesome, so I can't say I blame him. And it's definitely cute to watch.



Now if I just showed you those two pictures it would seem like we had a very peaceful, fun afternoon yesterday. But those two pictures are not at all a good example of how our afternoon was. This is a more realistic view of our day yesterday:

Frejya did not have the best time at the piano. She was only playing because she was bored and kept getting frustrated with the song she was trying to play.


She was sort of just frustrated with everything in general yesterday (mostly me since I kept snapping pictures of her freaking out about things). Here she is yelling at me about something:

And Gabriel took an amazing four hour nap yesterday afternoon, but then was in just as great a mood as his sister when he woke up. Here he is crying for a fishing pole (not one of his own, but one of daddy's because he has discovered that they are different):



My kids' strong personalities will take them far in life, right? No one is going to walk all over these two. At least that's what I tell myself after days like yesterday.

1 comment:

  1. I have to tell myself the same thing all the time...It's the only way to get through some days!

    ReplyDelete