Friday, April 15, 2011

Babies love suckers


I'm normally pretty anti-sugary treats for my kids, but Gabriel's hair was driving me crazy yesterday and I decided I was going to give him a trim. So I pulled a sucker out of the cupboard (Frejya somehow accumulates a tremendous amount of candy through school and birthday parties so there's always something on hand) and gave it to him. And guess what? He loved it. It didn't even matter that he had a fever anymore or that he had been crying for the last hour. So I set to work trimming the back of his hair and I learned something about myself in the process: I am horrible at cutting hair. I like to think it's because I was cutting the hair of a squirming 15 month old or that I just don't have any experience with short boy hair, but I probably am just not good at it at all. It's so uneven in the back - I didn't know whether to laugh or cry (I laughed). Gabe fixed it up a little when he got home last night, but he told me that I need to leave the haircuts up to him from now on. I didn't even take any after pictures because it's so embarrassing. I'm hoping it will even itself out in a few days.

Gabriel is still super sick. I really want to go to Iris' bubble party tomorrow so he better sleep it all off today. Who doesn't love bubbles and a taco truck? That sounds like my kind of party.

No comments:

Post a Comment