Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Birthday bonanza

I'm finally getting around to posting again. Sorry for the break! We had a fun weekend. Maisy had her birthday party Saturday morning so we got to hang out with the whole family for a little while. We all went out to lunch (there are 17 of us now!) and my little porker decided that the 2 pieces (yes, two!!) of pizza he ate at the birthday party weren't enough. So he took Iris' plate and ate her lunch. He's a monster!!


Later that night Gabe and Frejya surprised me with dinner and an ice cream cake and we celebrated my birthday at home. I loved it! Plus they got me a video camera. I can't believe I've been a mom for so long and never owned one. I'm so excited to start being the obnoxious mom who videotapes everything. After dinner, we camped out in the living room and rented a family movie on PPV (because who doesn't want to celebrate turning 29 by watching Yogi Bear?). Then Frejya and I slept out there together. It was fun. Definitely not as comfortable as my bed, but fun. The next morning we decided to be lazy for awhile and just hung out on the couch and watched some cartoons before church.






Now it's spring break so the kiddos are home a lot more. And since the weather has stayed nice, I decided it was time to hang a clothesline. So that was our project yesterday afternoon. Gabriel pushed his cart around outside while Frejya helped me hang the clothes.






He's such a little ham. He must get it from his sister.


I also finished one more project over the weekend. I knit myself a cowl last week. It was a super fast, fun knit. And I love the way it turned out. Of course now the weather is too warm to actually wear it. But I just had to wear it yesterday. With my luck, cowls will totally not be in style next year. So I had to get at least one use out of it. (It wraps around a second time for super cold days, but I probably would have passed out from overheating yesterday if it had been around my neck)


It got mixed reviews at work. Apparently women like weird scarves/accessories and men do not. And please ignore my creepy arms in this photo. They look super bony/skinny for some reason. It kind of freaks me out.

Also, Gabe and I celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary yesterday. Yay us!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Megan. I love the cowl, esp the color! you are lucky Gabriel is such a good eater... hope he stays that way! Silas won't touch anything these days. grrr!

    We have that Ikea cart, Silas has now made it into a stroller for his (my) old cabbage patch doll my mom sent him... HA! (Zac's going to kill me)

    ReplyDelete