Monday, April 25, 2011

Pre-Easter weekend stuff

Today I'm showing you our preparations for Easter because all the Easter pictures were taken on Gabe's phone so I don't have them yet.

We dyed eggs on Saturday. I had dye tablets leftover from last year so I didn't buy more, but it turns out we only had green and yellow and orange. So our eggs were all citrus colors this year. They were still pretty, though, and Frejya didn't seem to mind. She still had fun dying them. We did this while Gabriel was napping to make it even easier.




We kept the dyed eggs away from Gabriel, but he really enjoyed the plastic ones. He thought climbing in a tub of them was super fun. I have no idea how I've accumulated so many plastic eggs over the years, but we seriously have hundreds of them. And I don't think I've ever bought any. I'm going to have to donate most of them this week.


The rest of the day on Saturday was pretty low key. I'd been out late with the girls Friday night so it was nice to have a fairly non-scheduled day before all the Easter excitement started. I tried really hard to get a picture of the kids together, but I was not very successful. They're both smiling, but it's totally blurry.


Frejya by herself is always much easier to get a picture of. She could pose for hours I think.



And as a little teaser, I'll share one picture from yesterday. Gabriel ate a ton of candy so I had no intention of giving him pie, but Esteban left his pie a little too close to us and Gabriel totally dug into it. Apparently it was super yummy.


So has anyone watched Water for Elephants yet? I saw it with the girls Friday night and I thought it was great. The reviews were totally mediocre, but I really enjoyed it. It had been awhile since I'd been to the movies, though. Did you know they cost more than $10 now? That's crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment