Monday, July 11, 2011

Staycation

We sort of accidentally went camping yesterday without ever leaving the backyard. It started out with some swimming in the pool but that quickly turned into fishing of course. We put a little bit of line and a lure on the end of Gabriel's pole and he thought it was the greatest thing ever. Seriously. I don't think he even loves me as much as he loves that pole. The kid's got pretty good aim with that thing too. He cast it into the pool every time. He also hit himself in the back of the head with the lure quite a few times too. Is it bad that Gabe and I thought it was hilarious?




Then after a backyard barbecue dinner, we made s'mores. They were delicious.



And then Frejya and Gabe slept in their new tent in the backyard. I had to work today so there was no way I was sleeping out there. And truth be told, I'm just not as fun as Gabe. He's way cooler than me. But when I snapped this picture from my bedroom window this morning, I realized that they weren't truly camping. What's with the extension cord? I think they were up playing video games all night. Cheaters!

No comments:

Post a Comment