Friday, July 22, 2011

Peace and quiet

I'm not sure how it happened and it may never happen again, but somehow the kids entertained themselves for an hour last night. A whole hour! They played by themselves (separately) and had a grand old time. It was amazing. It actually worked out really nicely because I made a super yummy dinner (these amazing enchiladas). They're a little more labor-intensive than I like for a weeknight meal, but their awesomeness makes up for the extra effort. But now I digress. Back to the kids. Frejya decided to give her dolls haircuts. I've never allowed her to cut her dolls' hair before and now I'm realizing how stupid of me that was. She was entertained by it for so long. And it's practice for when she's older. Because of course she wants to either be a hair stylist or a pop star when she's grown up. Why not?



Gabriel entertained himself for an hour with a piece of string. Seriously. He found part of one of Frejya's dance costumes and played with it for a really long time. I still don't understand how that was so entertaining for him, but it really was. And he got really mad at me for interrupting him by taking a picture. Right after I snapped this shot, he yelled at me and then turned his chair around so that he could play in peace. He is a force to be reckoned with.

1 comment: