Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Babies are bad for your health

Or at the very least, they're bad for your feet. And maybe it's just my book-wielding, super-baby. Who knows? At any rate, he's dangerous. Like, tried to break my foot dangerous. It all started because I was trying to take a picture of the two of us in the mirror. Perfectly innocent, right? Gabriel is always super happy to see himself in the mirror after his baths. We make faces at each other and play there for a few minutes every night (Ok maybe not every night since I'm admittedly awful about remembering to bathe him when Gabe's not home. But that's a story for another time. Or maybe I've written about it before? I can't even remember). So I thought it was a great idea to try to snap a picture of him making faces. I'm still not sure what I was thinking because a) that means I was making horribly crazy faces also and b) I apparently have no aim when trying to balance a baby in one hand and taking a picture with my other. Here's the best we got:


Silly, right? But that's not even the bad part. About 2 seconds after this picture was taken Gabriel grabbed the book off the counter and slammed it down onto the floor. And my huge foot was sort of in the way and tried to help soften the book's fall. So nice of it, but seriously what was it thinking? Holy moly that hurt. And I actually didn't even notice it at first because Gabriel was flinging himself around and I really didn't want to drop him so by the time I looked down at my foot and registered that something had fallen on it, it had a nice little bubble of blood pooling up under the skin. It looked like this:


And now today, it looks like this:


And now that I have the picture up in front of me, it doesn't actually look that bad. But I think that's because I'm so pale. There's a big bruise there. I swear. And I think there was a point to this story when I started it, but it didn't end very well, did it?

No comments:

Post a Comment