Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Summer is here

And it is hot! I pretty much hate summer weather, but my kids are loving it. Frejya went to the water slides with some friends yesterday and had tons of fun. She is so tired today. Gabriel and I just hung out all afternoon and tried to stay cool. Which is not easy when it's over 100 degrees. Hard to believe that just a couple weeks ago I wanted to use the heater in our house. Now we're doing whatever we can to stay cool. Which means lots of air conditioning and otter pops. Gabriel has got the lounging around part of summer down already.


And he's also loving all the fruit that summer brings. He would have eaten a whole basket of strawberries for dinner if I'd let him. I finally had to take them away from him so that he'd eat something else.




Notice the bruise on his forehead? He seems to always have one there. He just loves to headbutt anything and everything in sight. Most kids use their hands to feel things out but not this guy. He uses his head to test out every surface he comes across. So I can't even say there's a really cool story to go along with the bruise. He actually got this one by hitting his head purposefully on his crib bars while playing in there. How do you make a kid stop banging their head on things?



No comments:

Post a Comment