Monday, June 6, 2011

Help in the kitchen

Sometimes little things happen that make me realize how old Frejya has gotten. Ever since she was little, she has loved helping me out in the kitchen. And as the years have gone by, the types of jobs I've delegated to her have gotten increasingly bigger. But this weekend it really hit me how much she can actually do without my help in the kitchen. Friday night she used the food processor to grate some cheese for me.


She obviously gets pretty excited about cheese. Who doesn't? And I guess using the food processor isn't that big of a deal, but I wouldn't have let her use it on her own without any help a few years ago. Also, Saturday night she made brownies all by herself. She did everything from start to finish. I wasn't even in the kitchen with her. I decided mama needed a break so I took a long hot bath with a good book and a glass of wine. And Frejya measured out all the ingredients, greased the pan, preheated the oven, set the timer, put the brownies in and took them out all by herself. It was awesome. I've always been weird about having her use the oven because I don't have oven mitts (just pot holders) and I'm worried she'll burn the tops of her hands on accident. But I wasn't around to freak out about it and she managed just fine. Pretty awesome. And the brownies were yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment