Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A day without Frejya

I was going to call this "A day without Frejy" so that it would rhyme, but it just looked like I left off a letter accidentally so now the title is really not very exciting. Oh well. And maybe that was trying too hard anyways. Making it rhyme. Who do I think I am? A poet I am not.

Anyways, the minute I walked in the door from work yesterday Frejya started to hound me about playing with her cousin Maisy who is finally back after spending the summer with her grandparents. So she called my mom and arranged herself a playdate. Actually she just tagged along while they went to Costco and then somehow talked Nana into letting her stay the night. So Gabe and I just had Gabriel yesterday. Naptime was amazing because it meant that there was no one else there and I actually got to take a nap also. And read a book. And do everything that I shouldn't have been doing instead of cleaning the house. Then Gabe got home and Gabriel played in the sprinklers for awhile.



For some reason, his favorite thing to do is put his head in puddles. It's fine when it's just the walkway at our house but it is really disgusting when he does it in the girls bathroom at the pool (which I am ashamed to say has happened more than a couple times) or anywhere else for that matter. Seriously gross. But really funny at the same time. Just look at him. What a weirdo. He does it in the dog bowl too.


After dinner Gabe decided it was time for another haircut. I was only allowed to participate by taking pictures (maybe you remember this incident?). Gabe doesn't trust me with the clippers yet. I tried telling him that I have plenty of experience using clippers on my pigs and my old poodle, but apparently that doesn't translate into me being able to cut Gabriel's hair. Man, you mess a kid's hair up once and no one ever lets you forget it. Anyways, Gabriel wasn't so sure about the clippers. He did a great job of sitting very still. He was almost a little too still. Like maybe he was terrified?





No comments:

Post a Comment