Thursday, August 25, 2011

I'm pretty sure that's not what it's for

Gabriel was given a train table last weekend. We still don't have any trains for it (they're coming soon!), but Gabriel doesn't seem to mind. He actually has no idea that anything's missing. He loves his table. I'm not quite sure he understands that it's not a bed, though. And it's sort of become my laundry folding table in the meantime too. But Gabriel had had enough of laundry time and threw all the clothes on the floor yesterday afternoon so that he could have a little rest. He's a funny little guy.



He also found a marker (in Frejya's room probably; that's the most un-toddler-friendly room in the world I think) and decided to decorate himself with it. And boy was he proud. I've never seen him smile so big as when he was showing me how he writes on his tummy. But he was not happy when I took the marker away. And please ignore his red, puffy eyes in all of these pictures. He inherited the awful curse of the sensitive blue eyes from me. He rubbed a little sunscreen in them after playing in the hose and they stayed red and puffy for hours.



Now that school has started, Frejya is doing a whole lot of homework every day. So mostly this is what she's doing in the evenings while Gabriel is running around coloring on things that shouldn't be colored on and climbing on things that aren't meant to be climbed on:


And so I am getting an awful lot of looks like this from her:


No comments:

Post a Comment