Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Weekend highlights

So this was the second weekend in a row with a sick kiddo. This time it was Frejya. She came home after school Thursday and said she had a headache. And being the great mom that I am, I totally didn't believe her and thought she was just trying to get out of doing her homework. Two hours later, she had a fever of 103.4. Guess I was wrong. Luckily the fever only lasted through Saturday and she never had any other symptoms. I'm hoping we're done being sick now for a little while. Gabriel still hasn't gotten back to a good sleep schedule from when he was sick a couple weeks ago so mommy's tired.

Frejya being sick did have a plus, though: I got a 4 day weekend. I didn't get to leave the house much Friday or Saturday, but it was actually really nice to be home with the kids. I am always amazed at how much messier the house gets when we're home. You'd think being home would mean we have more time to clean, but that pretty much never happens. I always end up frantically cleaning everything Sunday night (Monday night in this case) so that we start the week with a clean house.

Went to a baby shower Sunday. Had to sit with a bunch of strangers for 3 hours. Otherwise really nice shower I guess.

I had a super fun day thrifting with the girls on Monday. The best part is I brought home 14 shirts, 3 pairs of pants and a jacket and I only spent $30. Can't beat that! The worst part was that lunch took over 2 hours and I was starting to think we would be stuck in Mimi's Cafe forever. Slowest service ever! Good thing I was there with good friends but the slow service and the text messages from Gabe saying the kids were both screaming majorly stressed me out. Of course by the time I finally did make it home, Gabe and Gabriel were napping peacefully and Frejya was snuggled up on the couch watching tv.

And because I like posts with pictures and am pretty sure most of you probably just want to see the pictures anyways and don't care about all my rambling, here you go:


No comments:

Post a Comment