Thursday, February 3, 2011

Am I crazy?


I just might be. I've decided to live poor for awhile to build up our emergency fund. And I mean poor, poor. I'm pretty sure Gabe thinks I've lost my mind, but he's been totally supportive so far (maybe I really have gone crazy and he's afraid to disagree with me?). So here's what I've done so far: canceled our Blockbuster membership (easy to do since our store's closing), canceled our home phone (who still uses a home phone anyways?), stopped eating out, started clipping coupons, started baking all our bread. And now here's where it starts to get a little crazy: I've started making my own household cleaners and I'm switching to cloth diapers. Now I get that lots of people cloth diaper normally but to me it's huge. And I've gotten really into it. And Gabe is totally not on board yet. I figure the worst that will happen is I'll change all the diapers and Gabe may use disposables when he has Gabriel. But it can't be that bad, right? I'll get back to you on that...

2 comments:

  1. Go You!! If you need any bread recipes, let me know. I've been baking my own for a little over a year now. I'd love to hear what coupon sites you are using as well. I may have to take the leap to disposable diapers as well. Keep me posted!!

    ReplyDelete